Tuesday 14 September 2010

Mirabilis - the graphic novels!

Okay, we've got a month of big news coming up and this is just the start of it. In a matter of weeks you'll be able to feast your eyes on the whole Winter season of Mirabilis in the form of two glorious full-color volumes. Each book is 112 pages and will be available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble for around $19.99 each (or £12.99 in Britain). When we have the hard release date and RRP we'll be announcing it here, along with the first look ever at the stupendous cover painting of Volume Two - really, it should be in the Guggenheim. Oh, and then there's the apps... Stay tuned!

10 comments:

  1. At last! I mean, hooray! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My christmas list starts right here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys - phew, this self-publishing lark is hard work! I think the results hould be worth it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely brilliant news Dave and the wrap around cover just looks the business!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait till you see the full wraparound for volume two, Peter! In some ways it's a shame we didn't get into the DFC Library - Leo had even done a version of the DFC logo with the green comet running behind it - but they just weren't set up to handle the full 800-page epic. And our editions, though marginally more expensive, will be on top-quality paper - which is what Leo's and Nikos's art deserves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely on my list for this year's Christmas present for friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is good news! Looking forward reading them while enjoying my Christmas ham!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say, Mirabilis seems to be absolutely perfect reading for Christmas Eve - I probably shouldn't say this, it's a bit Garth Marenghi, but I sat and read the first volume last Christmas with my ham. (Baked with spices in a huff paste "coffyn" according to a medieval recipe. Oh, hungry now.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fantastic news! Many congrats, glad you guys stuck with it. I will spread the Mirabilis word around, I plan to be the cause of many an order. :)

    ReplyDelete